This week Danna Fisher offers some insights into the responsibilities of managing a netball squad, and a few helpful tips as well.
- To liase between the Association, Coach and Players
- To support the Coach
- To look after player’s needs & wants
- Collect monies from player’s on behalf of association
- Ensure basic first aid kit is complete
- Complete all necessary forms for Association
- Ensure players wear correct uniform
- Advise all players of changes to training times and competition times
- Provide fresh water for topping up drink bottles
- Wash bibs after each game
- Score Club games
- Organise timers & scorers for rep or other competition
- Write up playing sheets prior to each game and ensure all necessary forms are correctly completed
Some helpful tips…
I always carry nail clippers and a “lucky” coin for the ball toss at the commencement of games. A ball pump is also useful as balls have a tendency to deflate quickly. A selection of mixed lollies and jubes is an absolute winner with the players at the end of a training session.
They will love you forever – Danna Fisher.